Thursday 19 June 2014

No Twitter No Chatter.

I thought initially that it would be easy to find the information that I was looking for.  I struggled with my narrow search, however Jess's help with remembering to use keywords got me on the right track. Marketing, social media, twitter, and strategy were the keywords for finding the relevant information.  I tried to use as many different apps and URL links that I could so that if I had questions I could get help before leaving for the day.  I added a lot of blog posts, tweets, videos etc. with the idea of discarding them, a bit like shopping for a dress.  Because my issue was getting non-profits to use Twitter I could not find much on Facebook or Pinterest that enhanced my story.  I did add in that Twitter could provide links to your other social media sites.

The elements that I left used a variety of visuals for Storify.  I incorporated links to blogs, photos, videos, and tweets.  I arranged them to have a beginning, middle, and end for easy reading and to make my argument for non-profits to use Twitter have a clear and easy to follow message.

I think my posts give a well rounded picture of my issue but each post could lead to a whole new story on its own.  My posts would convince someone to incorporate Twitter but I think they would need to learn more.

I definitely think I could use this to write a longer academic essay.  Each of my posts could be developed and added to.  I could create more of my own text, add my experiences, and some analytics for reinforcement.   I believe that with more time and better knowledge of the medium I could turn this into a great essay.


No comments:

Post a Comment