Thursday 19 June 2014

Using Twitter - Alternative Medicine

Using Twitter to Market an Alternative Medicine Practice - Storify Elements

1. I used a few different approaches to find the Storify elements.  I searched Twitter, YouTube, Flickr specifically on Storify.  I also used google searches and copied the urls to the hyperlink drop down box in Storify.
Through trial and error, I searched keywords, hashtags and simply visited some websites I had previously viewed. Keywords: marketing, alternative medicine, social media tools, holistic, analytics

2.  To determine which elements to use, I intentionally showed a variety of social media platforms to illustrate a tool that perhaps the reader was familiar with.  I also wanted to show how the platforms can all be supported with Twitter use.

3.  This post doesn't give the full picture but provides some basics on the use of Twitter.  It's intention is to show Alternative Medicine Practitioners how they may make use of the tool.  The links and samples are applicable to their industry and provide some real samples.

4.  The Storify would be a starting point for a longer academic essay.  It provides an outline in which additional text could be added to further illustrate and explain concepts.  This topic relies on other posts and activities which already exist on the web therefore it lends itself to using Storify.  
If the "story" relied on information that I was organically creating myself, I would not use Storify.  

1 comment:

  1. This was really interesting Renee, a great collection of useful references.

    ReplyDelete