Friday 20 June 2014

Wordle Clouds in the Sky



Wordle: jess23

I found that using Wordle to create a story cloud reflected similar points to my own notes. 
Words like story, building, cross-platform, engagement, and experience are all words that I noted as important or key words. The Wordle highlights story and audience as focus words- I think I would have added engagement due to the importance of the audience in transmedia. As the article states, there are two main parts to transmedia and the targeted audience engagement can make or break a work of digital storytelling.  

This application would be a great addition to creating an academic paper or an essay draft when reviewing multiple works. I do find, as an avid note taker myself, I enjoy writing down sentences such as "cohesive audience experience" as the whole sentence allows for more of a direct definition of the important points. I also notes the authors point about being two parts, as transmedia is not only about a creative storyline, but also about a multiple platform experience and how this experience interacts with the audience. 

I also enjoyed the term "audience architect." I believe this term applies to all users and creators of content for social media. Not only is it important to have great content, the content must be applicable to the audience it is being showcased to. 

- Samantha 


No comments:

Post a Comment